Summer Time Hair Style
I’m a huge fan of throwing on a hat (baseball cap or sunhat) to hide hair that isn’t perfect looking or hasn’t been washed in a few days. This is one of my favorite braid styles this summer especially when I don’t feel like spending too much time on my hair, but want something more than a bun on top of my head. The hat I have on in the pictures below, $5 for Target ‘dollar spot,’ score!
1. Don’t worry about your hair being washed or perfect (the “dirtier” the better, it will hold the braid!) Separate your hair into two even sections aka pigtails. Leave out any hair in the front that you want to stay out.
2. Above the first binder separate your hair into two parts, loop the pony tail through the part and pull completely through. Do this to both pigtails.
3. Add another binder about an inch below the first binder and separate into two parts.
4. Pull the end of the pony tail completely through. Repeat this step over and over until you are at the end of your pigtail. Now, repeat those same steps on your second pigtail!
5. Once both your pigtails are “braided,” loosely pull apart your hair (starting from the top.) This will make your pigtails appear more full!
6. Voila! You’te done, toss on a hat or rock them the way they are!
Other Posts You May Enjoy: