I used to always say Fall was my favorite season, but I switched teams to Spring after having kids. To me “spring ahead” is like a fresh start to me, almost like the new year. It’s easier to get and stay motivated in the spring time and here’s why…
1. More Daylight- Is there anything better? I get more done throughout the day because my day actually feels longer (in a good way!) The shortest day of the year (December 21st) only has 7 hours and 54 minutes of daylight. After daylight saving we work our way up to the longest day (June 21st) with a whopping 16 hours and 33 minutes! That’s over double the amount of “day!”
2. Warming Up- Obviously, along with spring comes the warmer, and most of the time “better” weather. I’m not sure about you, but the nice weather gets me going. During the cold, winter months I really just want to stay snuggled up all day watching Netflix. And lets be honest, the kids rule the house so watching ‘Special Agent Oso’ all winter can be draining.
3. Windows Open- Instant mood changer. Fresh air flowing through the house makes me feel ready to conquer anything, even if it’s cleaning. Which bring me to #4.
4. Spring Cleaning- I know it doesn’t sounds like a party or anything, but having a sparkling clean house leaves me feeling less anxious and more relaxed.
5. Get Outside- Everyday that is weather permitting we either go to a park, walk, bike ride, play a sport, or try swimming. Getting outside and moving more makes me feel so much better about myself. Most of the time you’re getting a good workout in without even realizing it! Also, the runts are staying active, having fun and burning off all their energy.
6. Saving Money- Along with spending more time outside I find myself spending less money. We are busy playing outside and having fun for free. During the winter we are always looking for fun indoor activities, but those all add up quickly. If you’re anything like me it’s hard not to spend that extra money on cute spring/summer clothing!
8. Eating Healthier- Don’t get me wrong, on a nice warm day there is nothing better than an ice cream cone! I do find myself eating more fruit, veggies, and salad. Combined with all those walks and exploring outdoors, your waistline might be shrinking with little effort! Score!
9. Confidence Boost- Spring time really brings out the best “me!” Less anxiety because of a clean house, boost of happiness from fresh air and sunshine, (AKA Vitamin D) thinner waistline, thicker wallet, and most of all creating special memories with my kiddos makes me feel like a million bucks.
Other Posts You May Like: